One of the most important aspects of running an online business is keeping customers on your site. Digital marketing consists of various little functions coming together and working in tandem with one another, but the ultimate goal is one – keeping existing customers on-board and getting newer ones.
Building lists requires you to utilize your email marketing skills smartly to get the most out of your customer base. While social media can help you get your branding out there; your products are best explored only on your website, and this becomes paramount to list building.
And what better way to target them other than email? Did you know? 99% of consumers check their mail every day, so you know that’s the best way to approach them.
There are a few techniques which can be used to garner better, or rather, the right attention towards your site. If you feel like you know a few of them, don’t hesitate to drop them in the comments below!
What is List Building?
When you own a brand, it is important that your consumers understand what it stands for and how you plan to move ahead. This can be done via marketing techniques on various platforms like social media, E-commerce, and more. However, ultimately, it all comes down to how you’re able to build a robust list to get this message across.
Building the list means that you’ll be able to have more than a single opportunity to sell to a customer. This is because they had permitted you to sell by opting-in to receive your communications and interact with your brand willingly. The more they end up interacting with your brand, the more inclined they are towards purchasing.
That’s why E-mail marketing is such an efficient tool because it allows you to send out proper messaging regarding your brand in so many ways!
Why Should You Own Your Audience?
E-mail marketing is used by nearly 93% of B2B marketers, and they use it to target their customers precisely. Research has also shown that almost 2% of people purchase anything from online businesses, the first time they come across the same. And that’s a great statistic to know!
If only 2% is being made on the first contact, imagine how much companies can sell over the long term.
Once you create a strong list, send information to the people present on it regarding a special price, contest and more. This way, you’ll be able to form a strong opinion on their minds. By reaching out on e-mail, you’re also confirming your customers from social media and ensuring they stick around.
Social media is an excellent way to engage with customers, but they aren’t being engaged in your territory. This is where email-marketing can help you connect with your customers and interact with them, just like the way you want!
But, before you get started on sending out emails, ensure you have a robust email list handy. Don’t know how to build an e-mail list? Let’s get onto the basics!
Basic Requisites to Build Your Email List
While you’re in the process of making your email list, you must follow a few pre-requisites to build it. This way, you can tick off all the boxes and ensure only genuine, and interested leads engage with your brand in some way or the other.
Here are a few pre-requisites that you should incorporate if you want to build your email list in the best way:
If you want to know more, then we have some great techniques mentioned below, to capture leads, so go through it and choose your favourite!
Actionable Techniques to Start Owning Your Audience:
Here are seven best techniques we feel that garners the maximum impact in acquiring a strong email building list –
1. Provide something that the customer truly values: Customers are constantly looking for newer and more innovative products, with deals that can help them acquire the same. Finding that middle point between great products and deals could help retain your emailer customers and give them something to look forward to.
One of the better ways in which you’ll be able to get customers on-board is to reward them for entering their IDs. If you’re a beauty ecommerce portal, you can offer customers a discount or a free supplementary for a month if they get on-board.
2. Let customers opt-in or opt-out: Sometimes, customers won’t remember when they subscribed to a certain newsletter. By offering the option to opt-in or out, you’ll be able to get them to stick around for a longer time than expected. Ensure you provide the exact messaging, so they know what they’re getting into.
By providing them this option, you are showing them that you as a company can be trusted. If your emailers are working well, then the opting-in option will show you customers who are genuinely interested.
3. Catch your customers when they’re about to leave: Every time a customer is close to leaving your site, provide them with a discount so they at least consider purchasing. By doing so, you could get them to stay around more and initiate purchase in that session as well.
When you target a customer during exit, it renews a fresh thought in their minds and keeps your brand at the top of their recall when required.
4. Confirm their subscription: When a customer opts to subscribe on your website, give them a token of confirmation. This can be in the form of an e-mail or a message that flashes when they click on confirm.
5. Testimonials: When a customer opts to subscribe to your emails, they need to know that others have benefited from the same. Testimonials from genuine leads are one good way to keep your newer customers informed that you’re a genuine website that can be trusted.
You could add images of the customers using the products for extra validation of your product. This small step could actually help in the long-term so newer customers can recommend your brand via these testimonials as well.
6. Learn from your competitors: Sometimes, your competitors could end up doing a better job, and it’s okay to acknowledge them for the same. Healthy competition results in better performances, so try to keep an eye out for what your competitors are up to and adapt accordingly.
Obviously, you cannot copy exactly what they’re doing, so taking a couple of pointers here and there could aid in gaining a better knowledge of what they’re doing.
7. Incorporate newer tech: Your online business must always be in touch with the latest changes in the technology world, and you should try incorporating the same. Even if it means investing a bit of money now, later you’ll be able to recover it owing to the amount of time your investment takes to implement. Weigh out the positives and negatives and you’ll be able to see the benefit of any new tech you’re planning on incorporating.
Newer technology includes the likes of chatbots and more, which give the customer a holistic experience while also saving you money.
Want to know more? Here’s a list of different techniques with which you’ll be able to get the most out of your email list. Go through it and don’t forget to comment if you were able to benefit!
Thus, email marketing is one smart way to get started with your efforts to garner more leads. Looking to start with a tool? You should check out the top Mailchimp Alternatives, and sign up for a free trial and begin building your list.